Productive, Engaging, Secure Web Applications
People’s working hours are no longer 9 – 5, Monday to Friday. They expect to be able to work and access information from a company when they need if from wherever they are. A web app offers companies a flexible, cost-effective way to meet this need. From a streamlined version of your internal system to increase the efficiency of remote or traveling employees, to an interactive tool to help build brand loyalty with your customers. With a web app, anyone who connects to your business has the access they need.
Web Apps Offer 24/7 Access
A web app is a software program that you use with an internet browser, in the same way that a mobile app is a software program that you use on your mobile device.
The last few years have seen a proliferation of web apps. Their popularity is most likely due to their ease of use: they’re accessible by anyone with a browser connected to the internet, they cater to the needs of mobile users (important as smartphones are now the main way that people access the internet), and they can be deployed quickly and with almost no installation needed from the user.
How we can help you
Whether you are looking to streamline business workflows, enhance internal collaboration, or boost overall employee productivity, we will work with you to quickly and intelligently build a powerful, intuitive web application that your target audience will want to use.
From there, it is a simple process that starts with us sitting down with you to understand your business, what your new app needs to be able to deliver and to whom. If you’d like us to, we’ll also suggest a few of our own ideas – we love coming up with fresh solutions that really make the technology work hard! Possible options include:
- a hosted web app with a remote, local, synchronized or multi-tenanted database back-end
- a mix of hosted front-end, back-end and supplier/client portal systems
- a web app that includes a comprehensive CRM back-end
- a web app that compliments a new website or your existing one
- a web app that’s integrated with a back-end payment processing system
LOTS of experience with Web Application Development
We’ve developed many business-critical web applications for our clients. As an example, we have created web apps that:
- enable users to add new fields, define drop-down boxes, create new forms and generate custom-reports as required
- automate day-to-day administration, including processing data, billing, reporting, printing and maintenance
- take daily data feeds from multiple data sources to ensure the app always uses correct, up-to-date supplier and customer information
- use visual cues – such as a percentage bar to show progress, and color to highlight incomplete data fields
- contain in-built self-help functions to limit the number of support requests received
- use permissions according to an individual’s business role and access rights
Responsive web applications
All the web applications we build are “responsive”. This means they look great and work perfectly on any screen size: a desktop pc, tablet or mobile phone. We do this by adapting menus, controls and other visuals to fit the device based on the current screen width & height, ensuring the user always gets the best possible experience regardless of what device they’re using. You can see this in action by resizing the window on this website or visiting it on your smartphone – see how everything “just works”.
Technology and process
As a Microsoft Partner, we primarily use Microsoft tools to build our customers’ web apps.
We can also work with MySQL systems and Oracle, if preferred.
We know that trying to visualize your finished web app is a big task, so from early on in the project, we’ll create a prototype that we’ll update throughout the process. This enables you and other stakeholders to ‘play’ with the app along the way and flag any design or functionality that isn’t quite right.
Have a project or idea?
Looking for a confident technology partner that will understand your business? Get in touch with us to discuss your requirements. A no-pressure phone conversation with one of our team is usually helpful, whatever stage you are at.